AOL has merged six technologies for publishers that had been only available separately into a new offering called One by AOL: Publishers. The individual technologies have 75,000 publishers as clients among them, according to AOL. The platform includes new video activation solution to help publishers capitalize on an increasingly mobile- and video-dominated world. Over the [...]
AOL has merged six technologies for publishers that had been only available separately into a new offering called One by AOL: Publishers.
The individual technologies have 75,000 publishers as clients among them, according to AOL.
The platform includes new video activation solution to help publishers capitalize on an increasingly mobile- and video-dominated world.
Over the past six years, AOL has invested more than $1 billion in publisher-first technologies, and has developed and expanded those solutions globally. By bringing the businesses and platforms together with ONE by AOL: Publishers, AOL is helping publishers with audience engagement and analytics, content distribution and revenue management.
“Publishers face many obstacles and challenges in navigating the complexities of today’s media environment, and the walled garden technology solutions available to them today is underservicing their needs to capitalize on the consumer shift to mobile and video,” said Tim Mahlman, President of Publisher Platforms, AOL. “With ONE by AOL: Publishers, AOL is drawing on world-class, publisher-minded teams and technology solutions to redefine monetization and empower publishers to capture the maximum value of their content.”
AOL is committed to the publisher community in an industry that has largely built advertiser-first tools. ONE by AOL: Publishers delivers a number of differentiated benefits, including:
● Unique Demand: It is tightly connected with the ONE by AOL buying platform, making the process of selling advertising much more seamless for publishers. This helps publishers maintain closer, more valuable relationships with their ad buyers across Fortune 500 brands, agencies, and trading desks, as well as integrated, third-party demand sources.
● Tackling the Tech Tax:It simplifies the number of platforms and partners needed to harness every type of advertising relationship and satisfy every ad buyer requirement, while eliminating much of the painful tech tax that publishers face with cobbling together point solutions. On average, publishers use four different supply-side platforms to sell inventory* and receive less than 50 percent of the media spend advertisers are willing to pay due to the number of intermediaries.
● Data, Analysis & Optimization: Publishers can harness AOL’s robust tools to bolster understanding of both their own assets and the behavior of their buyers. The offering analyzes patterns in pricing, audience, and inventory, enabling publishers to build more valuable segments of audiences and inventory packages.
● Mobile-First: AOL simplifies the challenges associated with monetizing mobile, including within apps where it’s incredibly time-intensive and requires numerous resources to execute. The offering provides a single solution across not only all formats and devices, but all ad buying partners, with a flexible SDK that accesses one of the industry’s largest mobile portfolios.
● Activate & Expand Video Opportunities: AOL gives publishers the power to scale their most valuable inventory, video, by creating new opportunities through distribution and player technologies.
As part of the rollout, AOL has further consolidated its brand portfolio within the publisher platforms business and is moving to a unified master service agreement with publishers spanning all solutions. Point solution brands that have been in market will consolidate and rebrand under ONE by AOL: Publishers.
While publishers will see more synergies and economic efficiencies by using more components, ONE by AOL: Publishers is a suite of modular products that customers can buy separately or in various combinations.