The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) unveiled the winners of its prestigious Digital Publishing Awards – in partnership with PubMatic – at a ceremony last night hosted by comedian, actor, and presenter, Rufus Hound. AOP Awards 2015 from Black & Tone on Vimeo. The annual event returned to the Roundhouse, London to recognise and champion [...]
The Association of Online Publishers (AOP) unveiled the winners of its prestigious Digital Publishing Awards – in partnership with PubMatic – at a ceremony last night hosted by comedian, actor, and presenter, Rufus Hound.
The annual event returned to the Roundhouse, London to recognise and champion excellence in online publishing, reflecting the innovation and enterprise that characterises the industry.
Tim Faircliff, Executive Chairman of the AOP, commented: “The winners and finalists at this year’s AOP Digital Publishing Awards were truly outstanding and have raised the bar for the industry once again. Their accomplishments in engagement, creativity and driving progression in digital media were impressive and we’re proud to take this opportunity to applaud the best in the sector.”
The AOP’s two flagship awards, Digital Publisher of the Year – Business to Business; and Digital Publisher of the Year – Consumer; were won by IDG UK and Guardian News and Media Ltd respectively. Going on to scoop a hat trick, Guardian News & Media Ltd was also awarded Best Use of Mobile and Best Digital Advertising Operations Team.
BuzzFeed UK won the accolade for Best Editorial Team – Consumer, and The Drum triumphed in the Best Editorial Team — Business to Business. The Digital Commercial Team award went to Global Media and Entertainment and Nick Biscomb of Future plc won Digital Commercial Individual. Digital Editorial Individual was awarded to Lizzie Cox of Sugarscape.
The 2015 awards saw the addition of four new categories to reflect the developing digital publishing landscape. Best Native Advertising campaign went to Time Inc. UK, while Best Commercial Partnership was awarded to Dezeen and MINI Frontiers. Best Use of Data and Best Use of Video were awarded to ESI Media and VICE News respectively.
The full list of winners follows:
• Editorial Team 2015 – Business to Business: The Drum, Carnyx Group
• Editorial Team 2015 – Consumer: BuzzFeed UK
• Native Advertising 2015: Time Inc.UK
• Digital Commercial Team 2015: Global Media and Entertainment
• Digital Commercial Individual 2015: Nick Biscomb, Future plc
• Commercial Partnership 2015: Dezeen & MINI Frontiers
• Digital Editorial Individual 2015: Lizzie Cox, Sugarscape, Hearst Magazines UK
• Best Use of Data 2015: ESI Media
• Research and Insight Project 2015: Sky Media
• Launch 2015: VICE News
• Best Use of Mobile 2015: Guardian News and Media Ltd
• Best Use of Video 2015: VICE News
• Media Technology Partner 2015: Google UK & Telegraph Media Group
• Best Use of Social Media 2015: FourFourTwo, Haymarket Group
• Digital Marketing campaign Innovation 2015: New Scientist, Reed Business Information
• Digital Advertising Operations Team 2015: Guardian News & Media Ltd
• Website 2015 – Business to Business: HSJ Intelligence, Emap
• Website 2015 – Consumer: Motorcycle News, Bauer Media
• Digital Publisher 2015 – Business to Business: IDG UK
• Digital Publisher 2015 – Consumer: Guardian News & Media Ltd
Further details about the AOP Digital Publishing Awards 2015 can be found at www.ukaop.org