India: Digital Market Overview

Digital Strategy Consulting and Digital Training Academy

Mobile phone use in India

The mass market communication tool

There are around 300m mobile users in India (2008: 286million accounts). 92% of mobile subscribers are on pre-paid connection and remaining 8% on post-paid terms according to the IAMIA research of 2008. The Indian telecommunications market has tremendous growth opportunities – and according to IAMIA is set to exceed 500 million by 2010. Value added services - SMS, Hello Tunes, Music on Demand and Airtel Live - contributed to about 9.5% of the total revenues of the segment and SMS alone accounted for 4.1% of the total revenue in the market according to Go Broadband (2009).

LockedThis file is locked | Request a copy from your Digital consultant

<
>
Copyright ©2000-2019 Digital Strategy Consulting Limited | All rights reserved | This material is for your personal use only | Using this site constitutes acceptance of our user agreement and privacy policy