How can you tell if your social media campaign is succeeding or failing? This infographic from social media monitoring service Synthesio looks at the typical patterns from a successful (and unsuccessful) social media campaign.
• The base of the peak should be wide, representing lasting buzz
• Peak volumes should be 4 to 10 times higher than the baseline
• After the buzz you should be left with a higher amount of brand-related conversations.
• Flop – The baseline is too narrow and the peak is too low for any significant buzz to have been created.
• Bad Buzz – The buzz has either been negative or ineffective, causing the baseline to remain static.
• No Spread- Despite a high peak, the baseline is too narrow resulting in little to no lasting buzz.