Digital Intelligence

Entries from Digital Intelligence tagged with "usa"

25 result(s) displayed (276 - 300 of 1212)

<< Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next >>


Twitter marketing trends: CIA launches on social media with covert joke

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has launched a Facebook and Twitter account, revealing a sense of humour that has caused social media buzz… but not everyone has seen the funny side.

10/06/2014  |  Full story...

Is sharing the new buying? (infographic)

Participants around the world are tapping into the sharing economy, an emerging global trend that some authorities value at more than $25 billion, according to new research from Nielsen.

10/06/2014  |  Full story...

Twitters’ biggest TV moments: Superbowl and Breaking Bad get most tweets

This past TV season saw many US programs launch beyond the screens we web users watched (and tweeted about them) on social media. This study from Nielsen looks at the top Twitter moments form the past years TV season in the US.

09/06/2014  |  Full story...

Australian digital marketers 'most confident in the world'

Australian digital marketers are more confident in their digital marketing abilities than their contemporaries in other countries, according to the results of a new survey.

04/06/2014  |  Full story...

Scarier than a clown? New McDonald’s mascot terrifies Twitter

McDonald's latest mascot ‘Happy’, aimed at promoting healthy eating for children, has caused a stir on social media for all the wrong reasons- with many judging the character as ‘terrifying’.

21/05/2014  |  Full story...

Nielsen ads age and gender to Twitter TV ratings

Nielsen has updated its Twitter TV Ratings service with the launch of demographic data for over 250 U.S. TV networks.

21/05/2014  |  Full story...

The rise of connected TV in the US (infographic)

As more people in the US shift their viewing habits from cable TV to web-based alternatives such as Netflix and Chromecast, this infographic from Tremor Video looks at the US connected TV universe by demographics and media consumption habits.

21/05/2014  |  Full story...

AT&T buys DirecTV for $50bn to create TV giant

In the biggest technology deal of the year so far, US telecommunications giant ATT has bought broadcast satellite service provider DirecTV for nearly $50bn (£29bn).

19/05/2014  |  Full story...

Plans for two-speed internet get go ahead in US

Regulators have given the go ahead for new rules would let content firms charge more for faster delivery of traffic to their users, in move that critics say could end ‘net neutrality’.

16/05/2014  |  Full story...

Google Glass finally goes on sale in US (but still as a test edition)

Google Glass is now on sale to anyone in the US for the price of £1,500, as the next phase of the 'Explorer Program’ goes to the public.

15/05/2014  |  Full story...

Netflix accounts for third of all US internet traffic- as piracy drops

Netflix increased its share of fixed-line Internet traffic in North America in the first half of 2014, accounting for 34% of data flowing to consumers during peak times, up from 32% in the latter half of 2013.

15/05/2014  |  Full story...

Publicis-Omnicom $35bn merger collapses- win for WPP?

In a boost to rival WPP, the $35bn (£20bn) merger of Publicis and Omnicon to create the world's biggest advertising company has collapsed, the companies have confirmed.

12/05/2014  |  Full story...

Apple now second biggest online retailer in US

Amazon dominates the online retail market in the US, but Apple’s iTunes now generates more sales than Staples and Walmart on the web, according to new data.

09/05/2014  |  Full story...

April round-up: TV’s ad dominance over as old empires invest in digital future

In the month when US online ad revenues overtook broadcast TV for the first time, the days of TV’s ad dominance look numbered. While the medium still lags behind total TV ad revenue ($42bn Vs $66bn) it’s clear that neglecting digital marketing is no longer an option for modern brands.

08/05/2014  |  Full story...

Top digital marketing data and case studies this week

Here are the top digital marketing data and case studies that caught our eye.

08/05/2014  |  Full story...

Camera pics drive surge in mobile traffic to Instagram, SnapChat and Vine

Mobile first’ social networks Instragram, Vine and SnapChat are enjoying a surge in users in the US, boosted by camera content, according to new data.

07/05/2014  |  Full story...

US smartphone market trends: Android leads software, iPhone leads hardware

The U.S. smartphone operating system market has solidified into a two-horse race between the Android and iOS platforms, according to new research from comScore.

07/05/2014  |  Full story...

US digital audiences now a ‘multi-platform majority’

The most disruptive shift in the US digital media marketplace has been the shift from desktop to mobile platforms, according to new data from ComScore.

06/05/2014  |  Full story...

Ad industry offers tracking opt out choice for consumers

The Digital Advertising Alliance is planning to offer a single-click "browser choice" option for consumers to opt out of some data tracking online, according to a news report.

02/05/2014  |  Full story...

Viacom buys Channel 5 for £450m

Viacom, the US TV giant behind MTV and Nickelodeon, is to buy Channel 5 in a £450m deal that will net a huge profit for Richard Desmond.

02/05/2014  |  Full story...

US social network users ‘mostly from mobile’

As desktop usage has largely remained flat over the past year for top web properties, mobile usage continues to surge, according to new research from comScore.

02/05/2014  |  Full story...

Spain leads US and UK for ‘multi-platform’ digital use

More than two thirds (66%) of the Total Digital Population in Spain now accesses the internet via more than one device in a month; compared to 65 percent in the U.K. and 58 percent in the U.S.

01/05/2014  |  Full story...

Global smartphone wars: Apple regains market share as Windows stumbles

Apple has performed strongly in the first quarter of the year, with sales bouncing back in Europe, Japan and Australia, but Android still dominates globally, according to new data.

30/04/2014  |  Full story...

Digital Intelligence April 2014

Digital Strategy data - Digital Intelligence April 2014

Another milestone in digital development: the month when online ad revenues overtook broadcast TV for the first time. Latest research from the US shows the shape of things to come in dozens more markets as the media mix continues to evolve.

In the same month 'traditional media' giants continued to build their digital portfolios with Disney buying Maker Studios, the largest channel on YouTube.

- Facebook: Profits triple as mobile now accounts for a staggering 60% of its ad revenue
- Google: Links online and offline behaviour with a new in-store mobile shopping trials
- Amazon: Latest PR activity turns kitchens into shopping carts with a digital wand to scans barcodes at home

Full research, case studies and videos on click through. If your team are replanning brand activity mid-year, need inputs for 2015 plans, then simply email us to connect with one of the digital strategists for your market.

Read April 2014

Recent editions of Digital Intelligence | Apply for a guest account for Digital Intelligence

30/04/2014

Time spent on smartphones by category: US

This chart shows the breakdown of time spent on smartphones in the US. 86% of users time Is spent using apps with the remaining 14% of time taken up by browsers. Gaming is the number one time consumer with 32%. Interestingly Facebook accounts for 17% of smartphone time whereas rival social network Twitter takes up 1.5% of total time.

Time spent on smartphones by category: US . This chart shows the breakdown of time spent on smartphones in the US. 86% of users time Is spent using apps with the remaining 14% of time taken up by browsers. Gaming is the number one time consumer with 32%. Interestingly Facebook accounts for 17% of smartphone time whereas rival social network Twitter takes up 1.5% of total time.

28/04/2014  |  Full story...

Further results

Other tags

Digital Intelligence tag list:

Copyright ©2000-2019 Digital Strategy Consulting Limited | All rights reserved | This material is for your personal use only | Using this site constitutes acceptance of our user agreement and privacy policy