As an Account Director at Digital you will be responsible for proactively managing and developing client relationships with the business, leading the identification of new opportunities among key clients. You’ll be handling the day to day relationships with large global brands, developing existing conversations to identify new business and reporting back on the progress of current activities.
Today you’ll be currently working in a junior account director / senior account manager role, looking for more responsibility, and the chance to set up a new department, working on leading edge projects with many of the world’s top brands.
To succeed, you’ll need a sound working knowledge of the digital space and good awareness of the wider marketing mix. You’ll be able to define and understand strategy, have strong client management skills, and have a track record of working with global corporate clients across several sectors.
• Proactive client management to create new business opportunities.
• Reactive client management to manage inbound requests, qualify opportunities and identify key issues.
• To support our digital strategists in identifying key issues facing a client’s business so they can define and propose strategies and solutions.
• Strong ability to identify and create sales opportunities that align to business objectives within our existing client base.
• Effective preparation and delivery of sales and proposal presentations, project status / results reports..
• Ensuring quality of service/delivery to clients.
• Ownership of the sales pipeline.
• 4+ years experience in digital – able to display a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing, the wider marketing discipline and issues in strategy development / implementation.
• Impeccable client service skills.
• Excellent pitch and presentation skills.
• Self-sufficient in the advanced use of Powerpoint.
• Proven track record of relationship management, including the ability to manage client expectations to an exemplary level.
• A track record of leveraging key client relationships to aid business growth.
• Sound analysis and planning experience across various media.
• Ability to set clearly measurable key performance indicators to measure success of outputs.
• Excellent account administration, with strong attention to detail.
• Proven project management capability would be desirable but is not part of this role.
What competencies are we looking for?
• Team oriented; our way of working is highly collaborative and you’ll be playing a supporting role in many projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to influence and negotiate at senior level.
• Confident and a brilliant communicator whether on email, in Powerpoint or face to face.
• An experienced proposal writer.
• A mature and calm approach to problem solving.
• Strong personal planning and organising.
• Commercially astute and numerate.
…and brilliantly adept at standard office software: As a digital strategy team, we’re almost paperless (or at least striving to be).
For over 10 years Digital Strategy Consulting has been helping global brands and online pureplays get their product, content and social media strategies right. We partner with large organisations to create or refine their digital strategy, develop the capability of their teams and deploy digital training programmes. We work with marketers who are at the top of their game in sectors including FMCG, pharma, finance, retail, children’s toys, technology and online media. From our base in London we work in 30 countries and are recognised as world class in accelerating brands and the teams behind them.
We’re a leading edge team that enjoys the challenge of helping make the best businesses in the world even better. It’s a fast, stimulating environment, and one you’ll learn from as well as contribute to. We’re a close team, young in attitude, proud of what we achieve, and hungry to help our clients leap forward in their skills and strategies. We have high ideals for how we work, and are deeply respected by our clients. Between client projects, we give back our skills to social causes, donating time to government policymakers, charities and industry regulators. The people who will fit best with us are the people who share these passions.
>> How to apply?
Sounds like you? Email your CV and covering letter to
JoinTheTeam@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com with the job title in the subjectline.
>> Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted
We become swamped with applications whenever we advertise, so unfortunately can only reply to those shortlisted for interviews. We hope you'll understand...
>> Only apply if you are already registered to work in the UK
This London based job is not open to applicants not already registered to work in the UK.
>> Only contact us by email please
Use the JoinTheTeam@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com email address as the contact point for all applications.
>> No recruitment agencies please
We like to talk directly with candidates so we can understand your needs, interests and fit with our team. Only direct applications from candidates will be considered at this time.