Here at Digital Strategy Consulting, Netimperative, Digital Events and the Digital Training Academy we take user privacy very seriously.
This page gives you some key information about privacy, but if you have any questions that are not answered then be sure to email us.
When do we collect data?
We can collect data on you from a variety of different sources these include.
1. When you purchase products or services from the site or via any of our other distribution channels;
2. When you become a subscriber;
3. When you speak to our personnel;
4. Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions, subscribing to our news services and completing surveys;
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
What do we do with your personal information?
When you buy anything via the site or give us any personal data as indicated above, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfil your order and provide you with the services you expect then and in the future. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, your phone number and your credit card details.
By becoming a subscriber to our news services you consent to receive from us by email our e-newsletters and details of other special offers which we think may be of interest to you. You also agree that we can pass your contact details to carefully selected companies to send you offers we feel are relevant based on what you have told us about your interests.You can opt-out at any time by following the instructions in the opt-out section below.
Digital retains and uses your personal information to provide you with the best remote commerce (including electronic and mobile commerce) experience by providing you with a personalised service and to give you details of offers which we think will be of interest to you. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis. For quality assurance and training reasons we record most of the calls you make to us.
For any of the above purposes we may send your information internationally including to countries outside the EEA. Some of these jurisdictions offer differing levels of protection of personal information, not all of which may be as high as the UK.
- Session cookies: These are used to maintain something called session state. If you consider your journey through the site to be a conversation with us and this cookie just reminds the site where we were in that conversation (for instance if at some point in the conversation you asked us to add a report to your basket, next time you click on the basket it is still there). These are required for the site to function but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- Permanent cookies: These store a few numbers on your hard drive. You can view them by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation if you are interested. They last for a long time and each time you come to our site you send us a copy of them. We use them to identify you between visits. For instance if you were looking at reports about marketing last time you were on the site and we have a great new report we may use this cookie to recognise you and show you our great deal. They are not required for the site to work but may enhance your experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies you to us.
- Third Party Cookies: You may have noticed that we carry advertising from third parties on our site. Occasionally they may send you a cookie. We have no control over these.
Although you cannot block "session" cookies as they are required for our site to function correctly you can configure your internet browser so that it can reject both "permanent" and "third party" cookies. How you do this will depend upon the internet browser you use (for example, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera etc.) and it is therefore impractical for us to detail here how you can reject those cookies. Please refer to the relevant internet browser manufacturer's website where you should be able to receive all the information you need."
Third Party Advertising
The ads appearing on this website are delivered to you, on our behalf, by our web advertising partner. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information), is used to serve ads.
To opt out of third party advertising, visit the advertising network partner we have. If you do not see advertising in place then we are probably not carrying it at that time.
In the UK we operate and are registered in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Newsletter subscribers can opt-out of receiving further information from us. Email Briefings@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com with the details of which newsletters you would like to opt out from and we will have you removed within four weeks.
To change your email address details, send an email with your correct details to: Briefings@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com or use the special updates page to tell us about all your interests so we can look for other research or publications that match your needs - or use this page: http://www.digitalstrategyconsulting.com/updatemydetails.
If you need to modify or change your personal details after you have made a purchase on the site please contact us as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can also contact us by email.
In the course of visiting our website or accessing our email news services, you may be served cookies by us or by the third parties who assist us in delivering these services. Because this is part of the distribution of the services we have, accepting cookies is a condition of the use of the services. If you want to leave our services then simply email to Briefings@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com and we will suspend your account.
How to unsubscribe from our email news services
Whether you are a paying customer, or enjoying a guest account, you can leave our services at any time. If you want to leave then simply email to Briefings@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com and we will suspend your account within two weeks. It's very rare that people ask us to do this so please tell us why the service didn't work for you; your feedback is really appreciated by all the team.
Emails we send you are confidential
Email, texts, messenger notifications and other forms of electronic messages (along with their attachments as sent by any employee, representative, consultant or contractor from our team shall be considered privileged and confidential information. These messages may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and are intended only for the use of the addressee named. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any incorrect transmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please delete it and any copies of it and kindly inform the sender of this email by replying or go to Briefings@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com.