Over three quarters of marketers (76%) depend on peak retail periods to drive revenue, but most drown in content management demands due to over reliance on dating marketing technology integration, according to new research.
Digital asset management firm Bynder has released its first global content strategy report, “Retail Marketer’s Guide to Accelerating e-Commerce: Streamlining digital content to save time and money”
New branded content is particularly important in generating higher consumer engagement with products and higher customer satisfaction rates that lead to sales.
9 in 10 respondents pin sales success on effective website content, from banners to editorial, images and video.
However, 76% of respondents indicate while dependent on successful peak periods in generating target revenues – from Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Graduation, Back-to-School and the Holidays – most struggle to keep up with content demands.
To help brands and marketers achieve optimum sales success, Bynder collaborated with third party research firm Sapio Research to identify common challenges and opportunities to accelerate go-to-market strategies, enhance the customer experience and increase ecommerce sales.
Research highlights to help brand marketers drive e-commerce
Managing digital content from mobile layouts to product shots for the sales team often represent make or break moment for brands. In fact, 32% say total sales are attributed to peak periods. However, greater ecommerce sales can be achieved during peak periods (and the quieter times) with stronger MarTech integration as the data reveals:
· Real-Time Content Distribution – Marketing departments would be less pressured if they could get their content live faster (58%) and produce more of it (52%).
· Value of Content – Approximately 50% of respondents say the brand experience they offer is improved by content but their biggest peak challenge is conceptualizing organic ideas and executing them faster than competitors.
· Crucial Peak Performance – 76% of companies have peak traffic periods that account for an average of 32% of their total sales.
· Ability to Communicate Global Business Goals – 46% of marketers want to be able to collaborate more effectively across international markets.
· Quality Over Quantity – The biggest challenge of peak periods is to come up with content that is better and is executed faster than competitors (50%).
“Bynder’s third party research underscores the importance of streamlining the creative process to accelerate commerce. With nearly one third of marketers wasting more than a day on website uploads is astounding,” said Chris Hall, Bynder CEO . “To remain competitive and innovative in our crowded and fast-paced market, it’s crucial any time spent on admin work doesn’t overshadow time necessary to share and publish content faster, and more creatively than the competition.”
This research comes following Bynder’s recent integration with Amazon Web Services to deliver the first AI-integrated Digital Asset Management solution, and integration with Salesforce to help Commerce Cloud customers strengthen brand management capabilities.
Read the report here (registration required)