The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) has released its inaugural Mobile Attitude and Usage Study covering five markets in Western Europe, writes Mobile Europe. The study polled 1,535 mobile users in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain and suggests that conditions are right for strong mobile marketing growth. Key findings include:
- 1 in 10 mobile users is highly interested in mobile marketing with 3 in 10 showing moderate interest.
- Half of all Italian and Spanish mobile users are at least moderately interested in mobile marketing.
- 2-way text messaging is the most important functionality across all age groups. 7 in 10 consumers have used text messaging with Italy and Spain the most experienced markets.
- 15% of all consumers have experienced mobile marketing.
- Interactive voting, advertising and product or service information are the most common forms of mobile marketing.
- Users are most attracted to mobile coupons, special sales and alerts about accounts and purchases.
Mobile Marketing Association press release: http://mmaglobal.com, 15/01/2008