Vodafone are strengthening their ongoing ties to MySpace by launching an online music studio, writes Netimperative. The 8-month campaign will see the firms build a MySpace community geared towards musicians and music fans in the UK, Germany and Spain. The Music Studio will feature:
- an online remixing tool for musicians to play with tracks by established artists;
- tips and tricks on playing and recording music and using MySpace to promote artists;
- regular monthly competitions for bands and artists to promote themselves and win recording time;
- news and interviews from Vodafone-sponsored events across Europe;
- discussion forums and community tools for musicians to link to events.
The partnership complements the launch of the Vodafone Music Reporter platform on MySpace last year and reflects Vodafone’s ongoing strategy to brand itself as a “key player in the music industry”.
MySpace has had a tough time this month, announcing staff cuts of nearly 30% as the site restructures itself to try and play catch-up with Facebook and Twitter.
From Netimperative: http://www.netimperative.com, 24/06/2009
The Music Studio: http://www.myspace.com/themusicstudio