Learn how digital media planning works, and how to target effectively to reach the right person at the right time, when they’re in the right mindset.
Find out how to use data and insight to strengthen a plan, and how to analyse your audience’s journey to create media plans that drive stronger conversions. Get guidance on how to buy and measure digital media, and how targeting and programmatic media improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Digital media planning & buying best practice training
Popular media planning training topics currently include…
- How to build a media plan
- How to brief a media plan
- Where media planning fits in the campaign and creative process
- How to decide which media properties are relevant for your campaign
- How to decide the right weight of channels in your media mix
- How to select the right metrics to evaluate a media plan
- How to plan your media schedule using past performance data
- What aspects of campaign development does the planning team manage?
- How does programmatic advertising work?
- How to improve the performance of a programmatic campaign
- How to apply consumer journey thinking to media planning
- How to adapt your media mix based on your objectives
- How to balance mass reach with deep relevancy when creating a media plan
- What are the implications of relevancy for ad creative?
- How to optimise a campaign mid-flight
- How is an online ad delivered?
- What is the role of site targeting?
- What is contextual targeting?
- What is behavioural targeting?
- How to use demographic targeting
- How to use geotargeting
- How to use retargeting
- How does programmatic media buying work?
- Where is media planning heading?
Reach the right customer, at the right time, in the right mindset. Discover how to get the most value from digital media planning budgets and programmatic platforms. Find out how online advertising works. Make smarter investment decisions.
Understanding media planning helps you understand the full range of possibilities, brief partners more effectively, and get more from both campaign and always-on media budgets.
What’s in this training?
Latest thinking on digital media planning and buying online advertising
Case studies &
Best practice tips &
Adapting our digital media planning training for your campaigns
We’ll work with you to identify what will make the biggest impact for your teams and the types of online advertising and digital campaigns you are running. Your Digital Training Academy programme can be adapted to the marketing techniques used in your own sector, and the relevant principles – whether you’re in B2B marketing, B2C marketing, government or B2B2C.