Industry Leader, YouTube
Bruce Daisley really wanted to write sitcoms. Too many hours spent beaming in front of programmes like ‘Cheers’, ‘One Foot in the Grave’, and ‘Blackadder’ gave him a ludicrously happy upbringing. The low standard of most other sitcoms gave him the misguided belief that he could do better.
Parallel with this dream he started his working career in 1993 at Media Sales & Marketing – part of Capital Radio. Shortly later he formed part of the start-up team of Emap On Air, with the ambition to change the way that radio was sold. His subsequent Emap career has been focussed on periods in radio – and five years building internet sales teams.
In 2001, a terse letter from the BBC suggested that ‘Nowhere Slowly’ his latest attempt at a sitcom ‘lacked both comic wit and originality’. With that he laid down his pen and focussed on his media career. It was some consolation that his teams won Media Week Sales Team of the Year in 2005, and Campaign Sales Team of the Year in 2005 and 2006.
He moved across to join Google UK as Agency Leader in September 2008.
These days Bruce still considers himself a sitcom connoisseur; Flight of the Conchords, The Mighty Boosh, Peep Show and Curb Your Enthusiasm remind him how good the standard really can be.
- Chairman of Association of Online Publishers Commercial Group
- Winner / presenter Media Week Sales Team of the Year 2005
- Winner Campaign Sales Team of Year 2005, 2006
- UK Representative – Cannes Lions Festival
- Emap Advertising Digital team soars up the league table: In the IPA top 20 sales points EA have moved from 17th position (of 20), that Bruce inherited to 7th position this time round.
Bruce Daisley’s Specialties:
Building award-winning, market-beating sales teams.