Top tips for seasonal marketing campaigns
- Be authentic: great ideas grow from your brand essence – don’t force-fit something else
- Be customer-centric: test your ideas by roleplaying them – how will it feel for your customers?
- Be you: avoid the temptation to ‘copy & paste’ something your competitor’s doing – create what’s right for you
- Be heard: don’t get lost in the noise – stand out with a media budget and marketing touchpoints that get you seen, or look for moments in the year when every brand isn’t competing for attention (Elvis Presley Day, anyone?)
- Be early: Halloween, Christmas, Ramadan, even Elvis Presley Day – you know when they’ll happen years in advance, so don’t get caught out by not planning
Where to look? Try these for size
Christmas seasonal campaigns
- Christmas 2020: top viewed ads
- Christmas in a pandemic: how brands learned to change when covid arrived
- Christmas 2019
- Christmas email campaigns: get data from your market about who’s doing what
- Getting ahead of Christmas – postal services run campaigns early
Halloween seasonal campaigns
- Halloween campaigns 2021: inspiration for the execution and the campaign idea
- Halloween campaigns 2020: the top campaigns for a lockdown year
- Halloween trends: look for market insights that can be the base for your idea
- Halloween products: can your innovation pipeline leverage a seasonal event?
- Halloween search trends: what could simple free insights from Google tell you
Love through the years – Valentine’s Day campaigns from the archive
- 2019 Valentine’s Day campaign selection
- 2017 Valentine’s Day social media campaigns
- Valentine’s Day tactics need to get smarter
April Fool’s Day – a selection of pranks from the archive
Singles Day: Marketers missing a global opportunity
Black Friday: Affiliate marketing tips for you can apply fast
How to get expert help to drive growth
We help teams accelerate their marketing planning. We run growth-hacking workshops for brands and businesses to help their marketing get greater cut through. Seasonal campaigns are part of that mix, so chat with us about how we can do this for you. Simply email Hello@DigitalStrategyConsulting.com
Why this matters for seasonal marketing campaigns
Brands looking to ride the wave of seasonal and cultural moments win when these creative ideas are an expression of the brand’s core essence. Seasonal marketing is powerful, but only when it builds on what you stand for and is truly aligned to the marketing strategy.
Need more on seasonal marketing?