We have four places for interns to help out on various projects. You’ll be based here at Digital’s office in Covent Garden and working flexible hours. Placements are for a minimum of 12 weeks and involve assisting key members of our central team. The internships cover general office administration support as well as sitting in on some of our Digital Training Academy classes if they are running. We aim to adjust the internships to meet the interests of our interns, so whether you’re a budding web designer, a marketer in training, or simply looking for business experience in a stimulating environment, then get in touch.
Download job description
Rates and duration
Intern placements are normally 3-9 months, but we can be flexible for the right candidate. The working hours are based on a reduced week of 10am-4pm.
We’re a digital consultancy and training business looking for enthusiastic interns to help us complete the expansion of our training programmes and strategy support for some of the UK’s leading web properties. Many of us have been in web publishing for more than a decade and it’s a chance for you to learn heaps about the industry as well as enjoying unique way in to a fascinating career area.
As an intern you be responsible for supporting different members of the team here at digital in areas such as marketing, research and online publishing. This job description tells you about the sort of work we’d envisage you doing and shows you how to apply.
- You’ll be supporting key team members in a digital consultancy and training business
- You’ll report to one of our project managers and work in several areas of our business
- The work will be varied and project based, with some additional tasks that will depend on which role you apply for
- A typical “week in the Digital life” of an intern could include googling up new research, racing around the West End to do the shopping for one of our events, collating the feedback from clients and people we’ve worked with and helping the guys here in our office
- You’ll be part of a team of three working closely with one line manager
- Your work will involve liaising with Associates and members of our team including freelancers and those working abroad
- In terms of technologies you’re likely to be using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a lot of web browsing – email is our main communication platform and we have a series of online publishing tools that we might teach you how to use
4 Intern Placements
• Office Management Internship
You’ll be assisting in the general administration of our company, gaining experience in finance, processes and general office management. We’re a small team in the main office, but highly efficient in the way we work. Most of our team will be on projects and working with clients directly so the support group here at Digital are vital in making that process smooth and easy.
• Research Internship
You’ll be working with our email publisher and materials manager, googling up material for research and preparing copy, data and charts for the websites and our training courses.
• Project Management Internship
Managing projects like the delivery of our strategies or training courses involves connecting together the teams, clients and third parties in ways that are efficient and clear. You’ll be playing a role on several key projects to collate documentation, research the client’s needs and get materials from our team into a final format for publication. This could include PowerPoint slides, Word documents, Insight Reports or the results of surveys we run as part of client projects. You’ll be working for our project managers.
• Marketing Internship
This is an additional intern role available this year for an intern to help with marketing and planning for special projects. We’ll offer this position to interns who have experience in marketing or a media degree and are ready for greater challenges. You’ll report to the senior directors and have more client-facing activities as part of this work.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
For internships we’re looking for bright people with an open and enthusiastic personality who are keen to learn more about digital marketing but already have a real interest in using the internet. You’ll need to be a good self-starter and have energy and enthusiasm. International languages can be useful because we work in around 40 countries.
- Experience of using the web heavily
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent communication
You probably don’t take yourself too seriously, but you can be really focussed and determined when the team need your help. You’ll be passionate about the internet, happy to roll up your sleeves up and get stuck in, and comfortable working in an informal and often hectic environment.
How To Apply
To apply send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in joining us to: